SpiderOak has been more active this year it seems with promos and discounts, and not just for new users but for both new and existing users. I know I jumped on their unlimited plan special for World Backup Day. This promo from SpiderOak might not be as good as unlimited storage but it is a good deal if you have been waiting for a special from them, or if you want to increase your free storage from 2GB to 5GB.
Here are the instructions you need from the SpiderOak blog.
5 Free GB’s
- If¬†you‚Äôre already a¬†SpiderOak user (free or¬†paid),¬†get your additional 5GBs by sending an email to¬†[email protected]¬†with the subject ‚ÄòReset the Net 5GB‚Äô. You MUST include your username in the message.
- If you don‚Äôt have a SpiderOak account,¬†sign up for a new SpiderOak account¬†and enter the promo code¬†resetthenet¬†You should have 5 free GBs! If you have any issues, send us a note at¬†[email protected].
To Get 33% Off
- If you‚Äôre a completely new SpiderOak user,¬†sign up for a new SpiderOak account¬†and after you download the client,¬†choose ‘BUY MORE SPACE’. Then choose ‘UPGRADE PLAN’ and select the plan you want. Enter the¬†promo code¬†resetthenet for your 33% off! Enjoy.
Instructions for Existing Users
- In the client choose ‘BUY MORE SPACE’, or in the web login, go to your Account page and select ‚ÄúUpgrade Plan‚Äù
- Choose YEARLY and type in promotional code¬†resetthenet
- Finally, select ‚ÄúNext‚Äù and “Submit Order”
- Congrats! Enjoy your 33% off.
This offer from SpiderOak ends on July 6th, so be quick to grab it before it is gone. While SpiderOak has been offering more promos lately you never know when the next one will be.
If you would like to know more about SpiderOak and some of its features? Be sure to read our SpiderOak review for more details of the SpiderOak online backup service.